As a not-for-profit club affiliated to British Cycling, we have Public Liability Insurance with an indemnity limit of £15,000,000. This covers:
- The club
- Officials of the club acting on the club’s specific instructions
- Individuals who have been invited to participate in club activities with a view to joining the club
Note that under the terms of our insurance, invitees can ride with the club on two occasions before joining.
More information about our insurance can be found here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubinsurance
We also have a Cycling UK Affiliation that covers ride organisers of formal non-competitive events; e.g. the Reliability Trial. Details of this cover can be found here: https://www.cyclinguk.org/insurance/event-organiser
Individual riders are not covered by club insurance. There is no legal requirement for cyclists to have insurance. However, we recommend that members should:
- Check their home insurance policy as it may include Personal Liability Insurance for riding a bicycle, subject to conditions
- Consider British Cycling membership as some options include insurance cover (e.g. Ride)
- Consider Cycling UK membership as it provides Third Party Liability Insurance
If members intend to race, then they will need British Cycling (Silver or Gold) membership, as it includes racing Third Party Insurance.